Favorite Places To Shop and Eat in NYC
I can’t believe it has been nearly two weeks since I was in this beautiful city. Call me dramatic, but I am ready to go back. There are so many places to shop and eat in New York City; I think you could live there a lifetime and never visit all the lovely locations. I am sharing some of my must stop places for shopping and eating all over NY.
- Planet Blue: A taste of the west coast on the east coast. This boutique styled store carries several different bohemian brands such as Flynn Skye, For Love & Lemons, MinkPink, and the list goes on. Not only is the atmosphere of the store great but they have so many adorable pieces making it worth the stop.
- The Market NYC: This fun shop contains clothes, accessories, and art made by local artist, designers, and vintage vendors. With coffee for sale at the door, get ready to shop all different pieces. I love supporting small businesses, and this was an excellent opportunity to do so.
- Jack’s Wife Freda: You’ve already heard me say it before, but this is a must stop in SoHo. It is the perfect place for breakfast or brunch. Grab a coffee to go or sit down and stay awhile and order the delicious breakfast bowl. This is also a great place to go if you are traveling with anyone who is vegetarian!
- The Mercer Kitchen: If you are in the mood for great ambience, an amazing lunch or memorable dinner (you never know, you may just run into a celebrity or two), this is the place for you! The food is absolutely amazing and worth every penny. It is a restaurant that will make you want to come back and back … and back again.
- 5th Avenue: You’ve seen Carrie Bradshaw walk the streets of 5th Ave and you should too. The street is filled with high-end stores like Gucci and fast fashion like Zara. Every store you can imagine more than likely has a spot on this street. Plus, one of my favorite designers, Henri Bendel, has one of his stores here and they always have amazing sales. I recommend stopping in.
- The Oculus: Located next to the World Trade Center Memorial, the new and beautifully designed architecture building contains several great shops. Visiting NY on a work trip and forgot your computer charger and black heels? Head to The Oculus if you are starting in this area, and you will find the Apple store and multiple places to shop.
- Black Tap: Do you love 90’s rap music, burgers, fries, and a milkshake? If so, this is the place for you. From old school hip hop blaring to milkshakes that come with a full slice of cake on top, this is a fun stop if you are traveling with or without kids. Of course, Mere and I couldn’t leave without having one of their iconic milkshakes, we tried the Sweet & Salty, and it was everything and more.
- La Pecora Bianca: Need a place with good vibes and even better eats? La Pecora Bianca is the place for you. From a community table in the center of the vibrant Italian restaurant to unreal brussel sprouts, it is a must visit. Also, if you go for dinner you have to try the Gnudi Pasta it is life changing.
- Suit Supply: Guys, do not pass this store up when in NYC! Suits, jackets, trousers and more – you cannot go wrong purchasing a few made-to-measure pieces here. Classic tailoring helps assure the correct fit which I believe to be one of the most important features in men’s clothing. And if you miss it in Tribeca, no worries, you can always visit another location in SoHo or on Madison Ave.
- Haus Alkire: If you are someone who appreciates a one-of-a-kind piece as I do, be sure to stop into Haus Alkire. There is nothing like browsing a store with such simplicity yet beauty (okay, even the fitting rooms are great)! I promise you will not be disappointed.
- Sarabeth’s: Sarabeth’s oh Sarabeth’s … please schedule this as a must-have during your NYC trip. This is yet another darling restaurant with amazing food and if you can’t quite make it while in Tribeca, there is always the Upper East Side, Central Park South, Park Avenue or the Upper West Side. Oh, and who couldn’t use a yummy mimosa or two to warm up those legs for a day of walking and lots of shopping?!
- Sushi Azabu: For the sushi lovers out there, this Michelin star intimate sushi den not only serves sushi and food from the heart but will leave you craving more without a doubt. Sometimes a little sushi hits the spot and makes for a great girls night out or date night!